Saturday, March 31, 2007

I Got The Finger!

One my way back to the office from lunch the other day, I approached a 4 way stop sign and stopped. To my left another truck was approaching the intersection just about at the same time, but I was there first and stopped just a second before the other vehicle. Normally, when two or more vehicles arrive at an intersection at or close to the same moment the vehicle on the right, which would be me, would have the right of way. But I did not assume the right of way today.

I was not in a hurry to get back to the office as I still had several minutes of my lunchtime to kill. Today is the first day of spring and the sun is shining and the weather is warm enough that my windows were down on my truck and I was in a good mood.

Being a nice driver, as I usually try to be, I signaled to the driver to go ahead and that I will wait. He checked all the directions and then started across the intersection. As he cross in front of my I noticed that he had his arm extended toward me with his middle finger sticking straight up in the air. He gave me the finger!

“What did I do?” I did not give him the finger, in fact my hand was out the window with my fingers together and level as I waited my hand left and right to signal him to proceed. I did not recognize the vehicle so I do not think it is somebody I know. Since I have a new truck, most of the people that know me do not know I got a new truck so others may not recognize me.

But still, I got the finger flashed at me. Maybe he thought I flash my finger at him. I did not intend to flash a finger at him and I do not think I did so accidentally. He clearly got the message that I was allowing him to cross the intersection first, which he did. Who knows!

I guess I can chalk this up to finding another idiot driving around. If I made a list of idiots I have seen, the list would be rather large.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home